Sunday, January 31, 2016

Love that "ICE DYEING"

 These are some of the results of the soy wax resist and ice dyeing.  WOW!  I love the techniques the ladies got.


 These three were not soy wax and ice, but we still were very impressed with the results that Annie got with some burnout chiffon and a Mandaly folded design.
   these are ice dyed fabrics.

 Audrey made ups three of her dyed fabrics.  They look great when they become quick jackets.
 Two new (to me anyway ) products which were purchased at the "Road to California" quilt show.
I was in  Hawaii so I missed it.

 It is always so great to see a finished project.  This beautiful scarf was started in the silk painting class a semester ago and Kristina brought it in to share.  It feels so good to finish.
 More ice dye and soy wax resist.  Love the colors.
Janet brought in a silk painted scarf she had finished.  This scarf had the background painted first, by doing that you lose the outside gutta lines.  I'm working on a shirt I painted using the technique.  Hope to have it finished soon so I can share.
Wednesday we will be using the screens, stencils and such to continue discharging and also using them for applying thickened dye.  I will bring thickener and dye and some patterns if you want to also try the thickened dye for direct painting.  Bring some white cotton you have pre-soaked in soda ash.  I gave out packages of Soda Ash so don't forget to pre- prepare your fabrics so the dyes will set.  Also bring some thin plastic to cover the painted or printed surfaces so they can stay moist to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment