Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thickened Dye Printing

Kristina sent me this photo of her cute tee shirt with the smocked front.  This was Parfait Dyeing that was weak dye, but she made lemonade out of lemons.  Way to go!

We will be printing with the screens we painted today.  If you want to take it a step further bring stencils,  silk screen, or foam stamps and you can add to the images you "Breakdown".  It is easier to handle if you are doing yardage for a garment to cut into sections before printing.   For a shirt a section 36" X 45" will do a front or back and another 3/4 yard will do sleeves.  If you have a pattern in mind draw the pattern pieces onto the fabric lightly with a pencil or water erasable pen.  That way you will know just where to print.

If you want a particular color of dye please send me a e-mail   bobbydi@charter.net   and let me know by Tuesday morning.  I'm not making every color, but I will add a few to what I already made.  Also whether you want cotton or silk.

Thank you for accommodating me today so I could go to watercolor workshop for the afternoon.  I am really enjoying it.  I am learning a lot about "Painting People in the Landscape".

No comments:

Post a Comment