Monday, October 8, 2012

Sewing

 Remember when we printed on the organza and the canvas or cotton was under the organza?
These butterflies were printed through the organza onto a light canvas I had put down.  I got the fabric out a few weeks ago and it needed something more so I took it into the back yard and flicked it with paint with off a brush.  It was just what it needed.  Besides I have been seeing garments with the flicked paint look so I am "fashionable".  I made the vest with black bias on the seams.  The back view is down below.
 This is silk painted with thickened dye.  I blew up the drawing and then painted it with a brush and a small tip gutta bottle of thickened black dye.  the lines are a bit shakey, but the blouse is fun.

Back view of the canvas vest.   I doesn't fit my dress form, but I couldn't wear it and take a photo with my phone at the same time.   My small camera is missing.  but the phone photo shows these garments well enough for you to get the idea.  I still need to finish the organza kimono.
Still no date for surgery.
I will be speaking in Glendale Wednesday night at 5:30 at the Glendale Library  for the Quilt Guild if anyone is in the area and interested.

2 comments:

  1. This so gorgeous!! Makes me realize I have miles and miles to go.

    Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to get "Free" fabric. If I had been printing with something to just throw away underneath what a waste it would be. I love the randomness of the print through.

      Delete