Sunday, October 28, 2012

PROGRESS REPORT

 I worked on one part of the poinsettia wall quilt and am happy with how it is turning out. It is hand applique before the quilting and  I am trying to save the other parts to do the hand work while I am recuperating from the surgery.  If they keep delaying things I may not be able to wait.  I just want to stitch!
In the meantime I have to make two hand made gifts for the Christmas parties of two groups I belong to.  I had the metal tops in the stash so I painted a couple of orchids, appliqued and quilted them to make these two little bags.  They are about 8 inches long and are really very pretty.  Maybe not practical for carrying much in them, but lipstick, cash and a credit card, but they are pretty.
This could morph into a class.  All I have to do is find the resource for the handles again.

I got the contracts back from Houston for the Long Beach Quilt Show and they accepted all 7 of my class proposals.  WOW!! I will be hopping for those three or four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment