Sunday, September 30, 2012

still painting

 I am still painting some of the photos I took while in Italy.
This was a garden gate at a villa we stopped at to have lunch.  It was the best food I ever ate.  and the grounds were lovely.

This was the view from my window in the small hotel we stayed at in Venice.  The building was crumbling but the flowers were blooming away.  It was beautiful color and patina.
While I was on the trip two ladies told us they were award winning painters, but never painted a stroke.  I thought it was rather odd, but they said they would paint when they got home.  I now suppose that is a valid argument.  I didn't paint anything after I got home until now and I have been mining my photos for subjects to paint.  I'm glad I painted while I was there on location, but I am having a ball painting from the photos here at home as well.
By the way, I have also been doing a bit of sewing.  I will share that when I return from a visit to Sara's.  I think you will like the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment