Monday, September 17, 2012

Queen Size Quilt


I have finished a Queen Size Quilt.  The first quilt I did, many years ago, was just a large hot pad, now I have made progress in both size and proficiency.  I started this quilt this summer by quilting the variety of blocks then I put them together with the strips of color.  If I do it again I will make all the blocks the same size.  I liked using different fabrics, but the variety of sizes was a pain when it came to putting it together.   I had to make fill in strips and some strange angles.  Oh well, it is the learning that counts and now I know.  I like making smaller quilts better, because they are easier to handle and they get finished faster, but it is nice to have a bed size one done too.  My doodling (free motion quilting) really improved in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment