Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Painting

I have been taking a water color painting class at the local senior center on Thursday nights.
On Saturday I went into my "studio" to do some home work and started painting.  It was so much fun that I kept going and spent most of the next three days painting and listening to audio books.  Two books later this is what  I have done.  I painted from photos I had taken this past year.

 These were succulents in the gardens at the Huntington Library.  I think they turned out pretty good, they look like succulents and have dimension.  It was hard to get the color right.
 This was a little village in a crevice of the cliffs along the Amalfi coast of Italy.  The houses were built right into the rocks.  I couldn't deal with all those stairs.  There are no roads only the sea to go in and out.
 This was a rose in  my garden.  I love the decorative background.  It didn't start out that way, but sometimes I surprise myself when I experiment.
 Here is a tiny hamlet along the New River in Belize.  Beautiful water lilies and ram-shackled buildings plus a skinny yellow dog.
These pots were on the front steps of the hotel we stayed in in Sorrento, Italy.  I especially loved the shadow of the palm on the back wall.  I should probably do something else for awhile, but I am so excited about painting I might continue while I can.  So Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment