Monday, July 8, 2013

Marbled and Done

 I finally finished something using the marbled fabric I have accumulated.  The marbling was so mu;ch fun I just couldn't stop, but doing something with it was another matter.  I have to donate a small quilt for the silent auction in Houston so this will be my contribution.  It is called "Hide  and  Seek".  Not a ton of work, but a fun concept and it turned out ok.
This is marbling over silk painting and is all hand stitched.  I put it onto canvas and on stretcher bars.  (you can't tell by the photo)  It is a favorite.  I have mostly been painting this summer.  That is when I am at home and not traveling back and forth to one or another of my kid's homes.
I am getting obsessed about painting and will need to get over it and get ready for the fall classes.  I have ideas that need to be tried and see if they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment