Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Long Beach Quilt Festival

The Long Beach Quilt Festival will be held at the Long Beach Convention Center August 1to 4.  I will be teaching 7 times.  Some classes, some demonstrations and a new thing "Create on the Spot"

 This represents a class Friday Forum where I will participate in a "Round-Robin" format.  I will talk about how to use your photos to create original quilts.
 My old standby "Microwave dyeing for Cotton will be on Friday Aug 2
 Twist and Shout,  Microwave dyeing Silk will be on Thursday Aug 1
 These Hanah Silk Ribbon Poppies will be featured at "Create on the Spot on Saturday at 11 am
 Scrappy Cloth will be a class on Thursday  Aug 1.  We will make small purses with wonderful tassels included in the kits.
The other "Create on the Spot" class are Hanah silk velvet roses.  It isn't easy to find something that can be done in less than 1 hour, but these roses fit the bill.  Brooke has sent wonderful kits worth double what the class costs.  She has been so generous.   There is one more class, but the photo isn't here.
It is painted silk roses.  on Friday Aug 2.
I hoe I see some of you there.  If not in a class at least wandering the floor.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I wondered how much time you put the cottons in the microwave for when you dye. I am proficient in dyeing silk and doing two minutes as a rule, but I have not tried cotton.

    Thanks,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete