Saturday, June 16, 2012

What fun

I
 I have had three days in my "studio" creating and playing.  I am so excited with the results.

 Using a photograph I had taken I traced a simplified version of the lines and had it enlarged at 125%, 150%, and 200% and then started to play with the images.  I love, love, love what is happening.
 This is a detail of putting it together ready to quilt.  It is raw edge applique.
 I am using the artistic manipulated photo printed on fabric as part of the finished quilt.  I love how it is coming together.  The main quilt still needs the quilting, but the little photo part has been quilted cactus prickles and all.
The magnolia is being done in hand dyed silks and I am doing a turned edge technique.  It takes longer, but I think it will look great when it is finished.  I could hardly sleep last night I am so excited to get back to work on these two projects and so jazzed to show you all how it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment