Friday, June 8, 2012

Photo Class has started

Photo class has started at Claremont.  The first week is always a bit hectic as everyone needs to get acquainted with their computers.  Next week we will be old friends, (I hope) if everyone did their homework and practiced what was taught last Wednesday.

Yesterday afternoon I came home and worked on the border of this quilt.  I had already printed the photo on the fabric, but did not know what would make it interesting and fun to do.  I had purchased the "Child friendly" fabrics awhile back when I thought I would do something else with them.  Then I thought of making the border look like children's building blocks.  I printed block letters and numbers onto fabric and cut them out and set them in a tumbling block pattern I had used much larger for a grandchild quilt a few years ago.  I think they worked.  I'm excited to finish this quilt.  It would be a good Christmas gift for my sister.  The child in the middle is our mother, flanked by her sister Val and brother Homer.  Love the dolls and the hair bows.

Don't forget to practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment