Sunday, April 29, 2012

new class starts

Wow!  I have been off for so long I almost forgot that I have a class to teach.  In fact it starts on Wednesday May 2.
We will be microwave dyeing.  The first week will be silk dyes.  I have ordered a bolt of silk chiffon which will be available for purchase at $5 per yard.  I will also bring some fabrics I have part bolts left at various prices per yard.

Week two will be cotton, rayon and linen ( procion dye) those fibers are easy to get so plan on bringing your own fabric.

Week three we will set up the discharge pots in the patio.  You can take out the dye or use black or other dark fabric.

Week four I will bring both kinds of dyes so you can re-color what you took out.

REMEMBER  "It ain't over 'till it's over dyed"

See you Wednesday!

If you didn't see my paintings, take a look one blog back.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment