Saturday, February 24, 2018

More Pouring

I was at my daughter Sara's in San Clemente basically house sitting while they were gone and only teenaged daughter was home, but not very much.  So I was watching You tube videos on Acrylic pouring and decided to get some supplies and try it.  I poured about 25 small canvas.   And found I was addicted to it.  then I tried pouring a more controlled picture.
 These ocean pours are bigger, about 12 X 24 but I found I could get an ocean feeling with just a bit of control of the paint.


When Sara came home she wanted me to teach her how to do indigo dyeing.  She had napkins she wanted to dye.  There was no way I was going to set up an indigo pot and do it the old fashioned way so I just ordered fiber reactive Procion dye in indigo color and taught her how to fold twist and tie the napkins into patterns.


They looked great and she was happy.  Now all her friends want to make indigo dyed napkins!
Can't blame them.  I may be going to California again with more indigo dye soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment