Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fall Class

The Fall Classes start on Wednesday September 9, 2015     10 am to 2:00 pm
THEY ARE READY FOR SIGN-UPS NOW!

I'll post information about supplies next week.

I have been silk painting again getting ready for class in September.  I'm sorry to say I haven't done a single bit of silk painting since the last class got out, but after spending a day playing around with it again  I LOVE IT!           For me it is so much less stressful than regular painting, but maybe that is because it is more familiar to me.

 What I want to do is have a small project each day for the first few weeks to teach a particular technique.  I'm not saying these will be the final choices, but I've been trying things out.  This one could teach Gutta application, painting water, dot and spot texturizing and some shading.

 Dimensional effects and working with the fabric pens and pencils after the gutta is washed out, plus salt and Urea effects.
I'm still working on the "NO GUTTA LINE" technique, but haven't quite gotten it yet.  This is worked from light to dark and getting colored lines rather than white in some areas.  I'm still working on the effect of transparancy but it is coming along in the tentacles.  These are just small samples to have fun with.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your undersea paintings -- really, really extraordinary. I'm not into silk painting personally, but hoping you will have another printing or dyeing class in the New Year. Love the quilts, too. Lucky little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Hot Washed Pet Flakes

    ReplyDelete