Thursday, March 26, 2015

Last Class I'm going on Vacation

 Ice Dyeing was a BIG Success!  The Rayon scarves (above) took to it like crazy.  Everyone had a beautiful piece of fabric to show off yesterday.
 The variety of fabrics and colors that were achieved was beautiful.

 The fabric and the T-shirt Judy is wearing were both dyed at the same time.  She didn't think she had put any fuchsia into the mix, but there it was making a big contribution to the beauty of the colors.

 The scarves just kept coming as Dace laid out one after another that she had ice dyed and also microwave dyed.
The colors just kept coming.  What a fun process ice dyeing turned out to be.
At the moment I have 5 old t-shirts out in the backyard getting revitilized with ice dyeing.  I can hardly wait until tomorrow when they will be done.

This was the last regular class, but next week we are going on a field trip to downtown LA.  We will meet in the South Parking lot at 8:45 am and carpool.

If you have something you really want to do next fall please either put it in the comments here on the blog or send me an e-mail  bobby@charter.net   I have a few trips to go on this Summer,  but the Wednesday after Labor Day we will start classes again.  Let me know what you want to do.  I'll keep posting throughout the Summer so you can see what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment