Monday, December 15, 2014

New Class Starts January 7, 2015

2015  Wow!  How time flies when you are having fun.

The next group of classes will be,

      "Silk Painting II,  Beyond the Basics"  The plan is to do a larger project from start to finish, preferably a garment piece.  So be thinking of what you want to make.  Don't worry if you don't sew as there are jackets that are really easy requiring just a few seams.  Your main concern is the fabric design.  At the first class we will be talking and working on a design, but you need an idea of what you want to make.  Will it be a jacket, blouse or shirt, dress, skirt there are many possibilities.  I just want you to go beyond a scarf.
       I will bring some inspiration materials and we will do a few techniques that might spark ideas and plans,  but in the meantime look at Silk Painting ideas on Pinterest.  Also check out printing, painting (Any kind) and fabric design.


These are a few fabric design ideas I thought were fun that I found online.

 This would be fun with thickened dye and line work.  I can see a summer blouse with something like this as a design motif.  You do not have to do a really definitive design allover.

I loved these Toucans and the Flamingos,  I would love a simple shirt with either of these as a design.
I think they would be great done in a rather large format.  Love the colors and the lone blue bird.
I really want to do something with birds.
Start looking for your inspiration.

Bring a pattern or use one from the classroom.  We have the large paper to layout a plan for your design.  You can order fabric from Dharma as soon as you know what you want to paint.  Also bring your smaller stretchers for doing samples on.

No comments:

Post a Comment