Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sun Prints

I had some time on Saturday to put Seta Color onto fabric and make some sun prints.
Several years ago I had printed sun prints of blue and white and used the fabric to make a quilt 
called "Rice Bowls"  by Kaffe Fassett,  I always liked the quilt and said "someday I will make another
quilt like that since I had given the first one away.  Now I have made fabric and can get going on another "Rice Bowls" quilt.

 I used some square plastic stencils for the sun prints on the right and lower row.  The top left are nuts they were tall enough to make a shadow.
 Washers and popsicle sticks made the images above.
 I folded the wet fabric in pleats to get the stripes.
 These are toothpicks and twists

The bolts of PFD Cotton are here.  I will bring them Wednesday see the last post for more details on the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment