Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coming Events



I have been working on a piece for a show coming up this summer.  I don't know how to get the photos in sequence order so bear with me.

 This is the detail of the finished piece.  Silk painting with gutta resist, but I colored some of the gutta pink some is gold and some is clear (white).  I'm thrilled with the results I got on the jellyfish floaty stuff under the umbrella part.  I free motion quilted the jellyfish, but not the water background.  Since it will never be washed it really didn't need lots of quilting.  The tentacles are free flying strings and threads.
 This is the painting and a few of the applique pieces started.
 a detail before I had quilted and added the threads.
This is the finished piece.  It is 15.5" wide 34" long.  I stretched it over wood framing and made it ready to hang as a painting rather than as a quilt this time.  I was really into this painting and had such fun creating it.  It was inspired by a photo I had taken at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I hope they like it and accept it for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment