Sunday, December 27, 2015

New Class

A new class begins Wednesday  January 6, 2016.   10 am to 2 pm  at the Hughes Center in Claremont
 
We will do some "Ice Dyeing" with an addition.   We will use soy wax to make resist patterns on the fabric before we dye it.  I saw it on the blog  "Then we Set it on Fire"  they look interesting.

I have received the soy wax, but will be gone again for a few days so will try the technique out when I get back home.   I will bring Soda Ash infused fabric (1yard of cotton) for each of you, but if you want to do more pre-soak, line dry and gently iron some cotton or linen fabric.  On the second class we will do the ice dyeing.  

My daughter is picking me up in a few minutes to go to the rest of the Holiday skiing in Utah so I'm short on time.  I will post again after I try the process before class.  (I hope)!!!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. 100% Polyester Melange

    ReplyDelete