Sunday, January 25, 2015

Birds of a Feather

 Myrna is well on her way to make history the theme of her garment.  We loved what she had done.

 I am staying with a bird theme and working on fabric for a Spring blouse.  This is my sample trying out a method where I put on splashes of color "wet on wet" then put on the gutta and paint.  I wand an in distinct look.  I am going for flying flocks of green and pink parrots.
 Today I hope to get this larger piece painted.  You can see how I started out with blotches of color first.   Then I drew in the birds with gutta and will paint over the blotches leaving them as my background.  I really didn't know if this would work or not, but I am pleased with the results I got.
 I finished my crow vest.  I really like it, now where to wear it?
 I did a yoke of silk dupioni frayed feathers to give it something extra.
 This is a detail of the yoke and the back.
This is a detail of the front yoke and painted birds.

Keep painting.  It takes awhile to paint enough fabric for a garment, but I am having a great time with these projects.  On February 4 I will show you an edge finish I think you will find very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment