Sunday, September 7, 2014

Class begins Wednesday


I'm looking forward to being back in class.  I have missed all of you this summer.

 I started rummaging through my left overs, failures, and bits and pieces and there I found a silk piece I had worked on as a demo piece.  It had leaves on it so I cut out some of the leaves and then I found more leafy like fabric in the stash and started laying them out.  It will work!  I also found a piece of silk upon which I had done a bit of shibori It was an ugly color and I had discarded it into the scrap box.
 I pulled it out, ironed it and drew a Japanese man in gutta onto the side with the least shibori then I painted it in with Seta Silk paint.   to glance him I put in a tree.

The piece was then glued to a purchased stretched canvas with Acrylic Medium and glazed with acrylic matte varnish.  It is a really cool way to turn a silk painting into a wall piece.  This needs further exploration.  I love the under pattern and will look for more things to paint over.  Since everything is transparent it lets the under painting show through giving continuity to the whole.

I have to send in information for my next class offering.  Maybe Intermediate to Advanced silk painting techniques would be fun to pursue in a more Open Studio style.  Give me your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment