Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Something New

I am trying Seta Silk for silk painting.
Seta Silk is a very watery pigment paint that is used with gutta lines to keep it in place, just like silk dye, but I found it stayed put better than the dye does.





 This is an example of what it did using silk painting techniques.  I have not washed out the gutta on this piece yet.
I rather liked it and you DO NO STEAM SET!  It sets in 24 hours or after it is dry you can iron it.  Ironing too soon or too hot seems to dull the paint color a bit.  I am pleased with the results, but will be working and experimenting with it a bit more.



 It is done on a frame like regular silk painting.  I had bought a small kit of 12 colors to try out.

 This is after sitting for 24 hours, then ironed and washed out.  I still have some issues to work out, but generally the results are good.  When I return from Santa Fe I will pursue it with more dedication.
 I finished the stitching on a failed silk painting that was marbled over.  I really liked the results.


Still painting on canvas and paper as well 
 This is an acrylic painting inspired by the watercolor below.  The watercolor background was too cold so I used some acrylic to warm it up.  Then I liked it well enough to do another painting with just acrylic.
A couple of years ago I was speaking to a Quilt Guild in Glendora and I arrived early.
While sitting in the car a flock of green parrots flew into the trees in front of where I had parked.  I wanted to get the feeling of motion from the fluttering wings as they flocked into the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment