Thursday, April 17, 2014

I've been painting

I have been working in a series.  "Women with Birds", don't know why that is what the series is, but
 I've been having fun.



 This is watercolor the rest of the paintings are acrylic.
 This moody little number is 16" X 20".  I am painting bigger.

 I love the way the baby birds came out.

 Reminder of my trip to Cuba
I am trying to get more complex and symbolic in the work.  Does she look pregnant?  She is supposed to it is afterall a stork.  I like the reflection in the water.


2 comments:

  1. Diane I just love your paintings, how wonderful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I really like your paintings of women and birds. They are really fabulous. I miss you and our class, but I'm so glad you are having so much time to paint.

    ReplyDelete