Saturday, September 21, 2013

Heading for the Finish Line

 Yesterday I started putting together my bicycle quilt.  It is almost all quilted, but it isn't very big so it is only a few hours of work.  I was concerned about the black and white photo and colored cloth, but it seems to be working.  I love this photo, and have been meaning to make it into a wall quilt for years now here it is almost done.  WOW!


Okay now onto the next method of using your photos for quilts.  I got two 200% enlargements made from my 8 X 10" tracing on clear plastic.  One is the right side then I flipped the plastic and printed a 200% enlargement in mirror image.  I am going to use Wonder Under so the mirror image becomes the template for the Wonder Under and then I fuse it to the wrong side of the fabric and it fits onto the map of the right side.
I'm hoping I have fabrics in my stash that will work for the quilt values, or I  may have to dye,  or I'm thinking "Overdyeing" a couple of commercial fabric prints will give me what I need.  I am off to my "studio" to try and make the plan work.  I hope you are also having fun putting your photos to work.

If you are planning to come to the next session "PAINTING AND DYEING FABRICS", you will need to bring either cotton or silk to dye.  I will be bringing both acid dye for silk and procion dye for cotton to class and I am thinking we will start with "Parfait" dyeing so bring a taller, than wide container to dye the fabrics in.  Do you think we can do the silk in the microwave?  It is worth a try.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane--your quilt looks wonderful! Is there a supply list for the next dyeing class? See ya! Susan

    ReplyDelete