Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Marbleing


 I have just spent the last two days at a marbling workshop with Jo Fitsell for WAC.  It was wonderful and we all had so much fun.
 These are a few examples of the work laid out to dry on my garage floor.  There were many techniques.  One layer of marbling, over layer, with a stencil as a resist and over pre-printed fabric.
I'm so excited to get them washed and ready to show off.
If you were in the workshop, and I know many of you were, bring 5-6 of your favorites to share in class.  Since most of us did at least 20 or 30 pieces it would take all day for us to show and share so in the interest of time choose a few.  I know it will be very hard to do.
 These were marbled over a not so special silk painted fabric.  Now it is VERY SPECIAL!
 This is is two different patterns of marbling over each other.  Love the complex pattern it makes.
More layered marbling.   LOVE IT
REMEMBER CLASS STARTS AT 10.  We will be doing the yoke and collar of the shirt project.
I have to take Jo to the airport at 1 pm.  So plan your time accordingly.   See you in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment