Friday, January 11, 2013

We have Begun

 Class started at Claremont yesterday.  I am so glad to be back with my creative friends and the new people that joined us are in for a treat as well.  Yesterday we put the first layer of color onto our fabrics.
Most of us used the low water immersion method and everyone should be washing out the fabrics by now and seeing what they will have to work with next week.
The shirt pictured here is made from a group of low water immersion dyed fabrics that were then folded and rolled onto PVC pipes tied, compressed and painted over with thickened black dye for the lovely strip effect.  I was working with smaller pieces of fabric, because the thickened dye will not penetrate through too many layers of cloth to give the pattern effect.  I like the color blocked look of the shirt.  I will bring PVC pipes next week so others may try this technique if they wish.

I have fabric in the washing machine now that I will work on when I return from babysitting over the week-end.  Can't wait until next Wednesday to see how your fabric turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment