Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back from Belize

 This was the view from our patio in Belize.  The water was crystal clear the breezes like silk on your skin.  Such a beautiful place.
 Water lilies on the lagoon just waiting to be painted.  We took a boat up a jungle river to see the Mayan ruins.
 This monkey delighted the children as he came down to grab the fruit they offered.
Those people on the top are my grandchildren.  I myself did not choose to climb, had I done so I would still be there. Coming down was the greater challenge.  The kids had a great time exploring the ruins and the surrounding jungle in spite of us telling them to look out for snakes.  They did locate tarantulas, geckos, bats and monkeys, which thrilled them with delight.
A wonderful time was had by all.
I am inspired to commemorate it in fabric in some way, not sure what yet, but I have plenty of inspiration to mull over.

No comments:

Post a Comment