Saturday, September 11, 2010

Its in the Details



We will start layering over our backgrounds in the next class. Bring the fabrics you painted last week and make them sing with rubbing, stamps, screens and stencils. Bring thicker paints, like Luminier, printing ink, paint sticks or oil pastels. A stencil brush is also handy for blending and smoothing.
I will bring the Thermofax machine in case you need a few more silk screens. Bring your Xerox copies, remember printer copies do not work so head to a copy shop and get a copy made.
The "Birds on a Wire" pattern seems to be very popular. That makes me happy. If you ordered more patterns I will bring them with me. I'm going to get the copies made today. I have been off baby-sitting for Sara for a couple of days so now am catching up.
My kitchen is coming along beautifully. Right now it is still wrapped in plastic and tape, but he assures me another week we will be finished. In the meantime I have no access to cooking, but that's okay I spend more time in my "studio" working on ideas for us to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment