Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bob passed away


After a long and hard battle with Parkinson's Disease my dear husband passed away on Wednesday morning. I was holding his hand as he slipped away after 5 days of holding on to that last vestage of his life. Over the weekend all the children got to say their "good byes". Spent everynight on a cot beside him until the end. I have feelings of sadness, but also such relief that he is in a better place and can talk and be understood. I think that was the part he hated the most.
Since our class was supposed to start the day after the funeral I have asked to delay 1 week and extend it 1 week into July.
I will be ready to go on June 9.
Thank you all for the love and support you have shown to me over these years of Bob's illness. It has kept me sane, or at least somewhat.

1 comment:

  1. Diane,

    I'm so sad to hear of Bob's passing. He always had such a kind demeanor towards me. I know that he is much happier. I'm sure that it is difficult for you to have him gone, but I also know that you have had a weight lifted off of your shoulders. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family. I'm sending you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete